THE FIRST DEATH
According to Judaism (Christianity), when we die, our spirit goes to God who keeps it until He revives all the dead to give them back their spirit for judgement. No one goes to paradise. No one goes to hell. No one goes to a better place. No one is looking down on anybody. Think about it, if there was something after death why would God says that He is not the God of the dead? Why do we keep fighting to live longer and longer if there is something better after we die? We witness what happens when someone dies. "In that very day his thoughts perish" (Psalms 146:4). That is why we want to keep on living. It is illogical to think that the dead body can end up somewhere in a better place, even our spirit. We are not spirits. No one can get our spirit from us. Satan cannot go to God to ask for our spirit. As such, Satan has no power on any dead person. Satan cannot raise the dead or have any interaction with the dead.
If you are of those cultures where people believe that somehow a dead person can be revived by men for other purposes, know that not even Satan (Lucifer) has the power to revive the dead. Yet, if we are connected to Jesus (God), Jesus gives us the power to resurrect the dead with prayers of faith (Matthew 17:20). Obviously, we will not pray to resurrect someone who is old and waiting to go to sleep (to die). Also, for any prayer to be effective, both the object of the prayer of faith and the one praying must have faith that what is being prayed for will happen (Matthew 9:22, 15:28, Mark 5:34, 9:23, 10:52, Luke 18:42, Acts 14:9).
We all die from the garden of Eden. We will all be resurrected. At the resurrection time, some will be for eternal life and the vast majority (Matthew 22:14, Luke 13:23-24)for judgment and condemnation to die the second death in the lake of fire with Satan and his angels. That is what God made known to Jesus in the Book of revelation.
Jesus said to him, "If you are able to believe: all things are possible to him that believes." Mark 9:23 EMTV
and the dust returneth to the earth as it was, and the spirit returneth unto God who gave it. Ecclesiastes 12:7 ASV
Psalms 146:2-4 ASV
(2) While I live will I praise Jehovah: I will sing praises unto my God while I have any being.
(3) Put not your trust in princes, Nor in the son of man, in whom there is no help.
(4) His breath goeth forth, he returneth to his earth; In that very day his thoughts perish.
Isaiah 38:18-19 ASV
(18) For Sheol cannot praise thee, death cannot celebrate thee: They that go down into the pit cannot hope for thy truth.
(19) The living, the living, he shall praise thee, as I do this day: The father to the children shall make known thy truth.
Psalms 6:4-5 ASV
(4) Return, O Jehovah, deliver my soul: Save me for thy lovingkindness' sake.
(5) For in death there is no remembrance of thee: In Sheol who shall give thee thanks?
Ecclesiastes 9:10 ASV
(10) Whatsoever thy hand findeth to do, do it with thy might; for there is no work, nor device, nor knowledge, nor wisdom, in Sheol, whither thou goest.
THE SECOND DEATH